“Siribaragama” at Pahala Mattala, Lunugamwehera in Hambantota District which was constructed under the New Village Reawakening Programme was vested in the public on 04.09.2017 with the pious hands of Hon.Sajith Premadasa, Minister of Housing and Construction. This is the 39th model village vested in the public.
The National Housing Development Authority has provided beneficiaries with low interest rate housing loans to construct houses in “Siribaragama” village consisted of 25 housing units and this is also a model village constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme. The total extent of the land of this village is 4 acres and its construction activities were started off on 02nd November. The financial contribution laid was Rs.7.25 Million. Beneficiary contribution was Rs.5.225 Million. Rs.2.406 Million and Rs.2.597 Million were disbursed for water and electricity respectively. Accordingly, the estimated cost was Rs.17.478 Million.
“Siribaragama” village includes a clean drinking water supply, electricity, formally constructed access and internal road system and following benefits were enabled to the people by vesting the “Siribaragama” model village in public on 04th September 2017.
- The housing titles were given to 25 recipient families of housing.
- Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.180 Million were granted to 800 low income families in the area.
- Spectacles were given to 100 beneficiaries free of charge.
- chairs were distributed to the housing society of the new village.
- A kidney disease clinic and an indigenous medical clinic were conducted.