“Bisowedigama” at Jayanthipura in Damana in Ampara district is the 124th model village vested in the public under the New Village Reawakening Programme. This village was open to public by Hon. Minister of Housing and Construction Sajith Premadasa on 16.09.2018.
The construction activities of “Bisowedigama” village consisted of 23 new housing units were begun on 02nd of January 2017. The National Housing Development Authority has given housing loans at low interest to the beneficiaries to construct houses in this village and it is also a model village constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme.
The total extent of this village is 2 acres. Every housing unit in this village has an area of 18 perches in extent. This village has been provided with clean water, electricity, formally constructed access and an internal road system.
In the ceremony of entrusting the “Bisowedigama” model villages to the public, following benefits were facilitated to the people
- Housing titles were given to 23 recipient families in “Bisowedigama” village.
- Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.10Mn. were granted to 100 low income families in the area.
- “Sonduru Piyasa” housing loans amounted Rs.20Mn. were given to 100 beneficiaries.
- Housing aids and loans worth Rs.2.5Mn. were given to 50 low income families in the area.
- Housing aids valued at Rs.7Mn. were given to kidney affected families in the area.
- Self – employment loans by Regional Development Bank were given to beneficiaries in the area.
- Spectacles were given to individuals with visual impairments in the area.