“Devpudagama” at Kotiyagala in Siyambalanduwa in Monaragala district is the 107th model village vested in the public under the New Village Reawakening Programme. This village was open to public by Hon. Prime Minister Ranil Wickramasinghe on 17.08.2018.
The construction activities of “Devpudagama” village consisted of 52 new housing units were begun on 09th of October 2017. The National Housing Development Authority has given housing loans at low interest to the beneficiaries to construct houses in this village and it is also a model village constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme.
The total extent of this village is 12 acres and 20 perches. Every housing unit in this village has an area of 40 perches in extent. This village has been provided with clean water, electricity, formally constructed access and an internal road system.
In the ceremony of entrusting the “Devpudagama” model villages to the public, following benefits were facilitated to the people
- Housing titles were given to 52 recipient families in “Devpudagama” village.
- Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.20Mn. were granted to 200 low income families in the area.
- “Sonduru Piyasa” housing loans amounted Rs.20Mn. were given to 400 beneficiaries.
- Occupational tool kits, uniforms and subjects related text books amounted to Rs.2.65Mn. were supplied to 53 trainees selected for the construction industry training under the “Shilpa Saviya” Programme.
- Housing loans and aids amounted Rs.5Mn. were given to 100 beneficiaries in the area.
- Housing aids worth Rs.12.7Mn were given to 50 kidney affected families in the area.
- Land titles and Freehold deeds were given to 800 selected families.
- Spectacles were given to individuals with visual impairments in the area.