“Senehasagama” at Bambaragala in Weligepola in Rathnapura district is the 113rd model village vested in the public under the New Village Reawakening Programme. This village was open to public by Hon. Minister of Housing and Construction Sajith Premadasa on 30.08.2018.
The construction activities of “Senehasagama” village consisted of 42 new housing units were begun on 15th of September 2017. The National Housing Development Authority has given Rs.500 000.00 worth housing aid to each family to construct their houses in this village.
The total extent of this village is 6.5 acres. Every housing unit in this village has an area of 20 perches in extent. This village has been provided with clean water, electricity, formally constructed access and an internal road system.
In the ceremony of entrusting the “Senehasagama” model villages to the public, following benefits were facilitated to the people
- Housing titles were given to 42 recipient families in “Senehasagama” village.
- Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.50Mn. were granted to 500 low income families in the area.
- “Sonduru Piyasa” housing loans amounted Rs.50Mn. were given to 250 beneficiaries.
- Housing aids worth Rs.4.5Mn. were given to 91beneficiaries in the area.
- Occupational tool kits, uniforms and subjects related text books amounted to Rs.3.2Mn. were supplied to 64 trainees selected for the construction industry training under the “Shilpa Saviya” Programme.
- Housing aids worth Rs.5.5Mn were given to kidney affected families in the area.
- Self – employment loans by Regional Development Bank were given to beneficiaries in the area.
- Spectacles were given to individuals with visual impairments in the area.