“Gamini Dissanayakepura” at Kirimetiyawatte in Yatinuwara in Kandy district is the 118th model village vested in the public under the New Village Reawakening Programme. This village was open to public by Hon. Minister of Housing and Construction Sajith Premadasa on 08.09.2018.
The construction activities of “Gamini Dissanayakepura” village consisted of 19 new housing units were begun on 08th of January 2017. The National Housing Development Authority has given housing loans at low interest to the beneficiaries to construct houses in this village and it is also a model village constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme.
The total extent of this village is 03 acres. Every housing unit in this village has an area of 15 perches in extent. This village has been provided with clean water, electricity, formally constructed access and an internal road system.
In the ceremony of entrusting the “Gamini Dissanayakepura” model villages to the public, following benefits were facilitated to the people
- Housing titles were given to 19 recipient families in “Gamini Dissanayakepura” village.
- Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.21Mn. were granted to 210 low income families in the area.
- “Sonduru Piyasa” housing loans amounted Rs.20Mn. were given to 100 beneficiaries.
- Housing aids and loans worth Rs.2Mn. were given to 40 beneficiaries in the area.
- Self – employment loans by Regional Development Bank were given to beneficiaries in the area.
- Spectacles were given to individuals with visual impairments in the area.