“Indradasa Hettiarachchigama” at Nimalagama in Ingiriya in Kalutara district is the 158th model village vested in the public under the New Village Reawakening Programme. This village was open to public by Hon. Minister of Housing, Construction & Cultural Affairs Sajith Premadasa on 29.12.2018.
The construction activities of “Indradasa Hettiarachchigama” village consisted of 27 new housing units were begun on 01st of January 2017. The National Housing Development Authority has given housing loans at low interest to the beneficiaries to construct houses in this village and it is also a model village constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme.
The total extent of this village is 5 acres. Every housing unit in this village has an area of 12 perches in extent. This village has been provided with clean water, electricity, formally constructed access and an internal road system.
In the ceremony of entrusting the “Indradasa Hettiarachchigama” model villages to the public, following benefits were facilitated to the people
- Housing titles were given to 27 recipient families in “Indradasa Hettiarachchigama” village.
- Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.40Mn. were granted to 200 low income families in the area.
- “Sonduru Piyasa” housing loans amounted Rs.20Mn. were given to 100 beneficiaries.
- Housing aids worth Rs.4.8Mn were given to benificieries under the “Viru Sumituru” housing programme.
- Self – employment loans by Regional Development Bank were given to beneficiaries in the area.
- Spectacles were given to individuals with visual impairments in the area.