“Sadapahanagama” at Manajjawa village in Hambantota District was the 30th model village which was vested in the public on 23.06.2017 under the New Village Reawakening Programme. The Launch of New “Sevana” lottery and the vest in the public with “Sadapahanagama” model village were carried out with the pious hands of His Excellency the President Maithreepala Sirisena at the invitation of Hon.Sajith Premadasa, Minister of Housing and Construction.
This village which was constructed in an area of 4 ½ acres in extent consists of 26 new housing units. The National Housing Development Authority granted low interest rate housing loans for the construction of housing units in “Sandapahanagama” under Community Participatory Housing Development Programme. Every housing unit contains an area of 20 perches in extent and was accommodated with water, electricity, carpet access roads, and formal internal roads and a community hall.
Following benefits were granted to the public by vesting the “Sandapahanagama” model village in public on 23rd June 2017.
- The titles thereof were given to 26 recipient families of housing in the village.
- Scattered housing loans worth Rs.30, 000,000 were granted to 300 low income families in the area.
- Occupational tool kits, uniforms and subject related text books valued at Rs. 12,100,000 were offered for 269 youths selected for the construction training under “Shilpa Saviya”.
- Spectacles amounting to Rs.320, 000 were offered for 401 blind people.
- Land licenses and deeds were supplied to 2000 recipients of lands
- Cement grants worth Rs.2, 400,000 were given to 250 low income earners.
- “Unilever Saubhagya” benefits valued at Rs.250,000 were offered for 50 beneficiary women
- Self-employment equipment valuable Rs.220,000 was awarded for recipients of housing
- Chairs were distributed to the housing society