“Lensithuvamgama” at Navamillana, Dimbulagala in Polonnaruwa district is the 72nd model village vested in the public under the New Village Reawakening Programme. This village was open to public by Hon. minister of Housing and Construction Sajith Premadasa on 26.05.2018.
The construction activities of “Lensithuvamgama” village consisted of 25 new housing units were begun on 07th of June 2016. The National Housing Development Authority has given housing loans at low interest to the beneficiaries to construct houses in this village and it is also a model village constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme.
The total extent of this village is 12 acres. Every housing unit in this village has an area of 40 perches in extent. This village has been provided with clean water, electricity, formally constructed access and an internal road system. The total sum invested in this village was Rs.27 Million.
In the ceremony of entrusting the “Lensithuvamgama” model villages to the public, following benefits were facilitated to the people
- Housing titles were given to 25 recipient families in “Lensithuvamgama” village.
- Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.20 Million were granted to 200 low income families in the area.
- “Sonduru Piyasa” housing loans amounted to Rs.20Mn was given to 100 beneficiaries.
- Occupational tool kits, uniforms and subjects related text books amounted to Rs.5.2Mn. were supplied to 104 trainees selected for the construction industry training under the “Shilpa Saviya” Programme.
- Housing aids amounted 40.4Mn were given to 150 kidney affected families in the area.
- Spectacles were given to 112 individuals with visual impairments in the area.