“Mohomadiyanagar” and “Aburarnagar” at Iqbalnagar, Muthur in Trincomalee district is the 63rd and 64th model villages vested in the public under the New Village Reawakening Programme. These villages were inaugurated by Hon.Sajith Premadasa, Minister of Housing and Construction on 05.05.2018.
The construction activities of “Mohomadiyanagar” and “Aburarnagar” villages consisted of 20 and 25 new housing units were begun on 31st of March 2015 and 16th of November 2015 respectively. The National Housing Development Authority has given housing loans at low interest to the beneficiaries to construct houses in these villages and they are also villages constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme.
The total extents of these villages are 4 acres each. Every housing unit in these villages has an area of 20 perches in extent. They have been provided with clean water, electricity, formally constructed access and an internal road system. The total sum spent for these villages were Rs.82.3 Million.
In the ceremony of entrusting the “Mohomadiyanagar” and “Aburarnagar” model villages to the public, following benefits were facilitated to the people
- Housing titles were given to 20 and 25 recipient families in “Mohomadiyanagar” and “Aburarnagar” villages separately.
- Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.10 Million were granted to 100 low income families in the area.
- “Sonduru Piyasa” housing loans amounted to Rs.5.2 Mn. were given to 26 beneficiaries
- Occupational tool kits, uniforms and subjects related text books amounted to Rs.5 Mn. were supplied to 100 trainees selected for the construction industry training under the “Shilpa Saviya” Programme.
- Housing aids valued at Rs. 2Mn were granted to 10 kidney affected people
- Spectacles were given to individuals with visual impairments in the area.