“Muththumari Nagar” at Kiliveddi in Muthur in Trincomalee district is the 110th model village vested in the public under the New Village Reawakening Programme. This village was open to public by Hon. Minister of Housing and Construction Sajith Premadasa on 25.08.2018.
The construction activities of “Muththumari Nagar” village consisted of 25 new housing units were begun on 31st of May 2016. The National Housing Development Authority has given housing loans at low interest to the beneficiaries to construct houses in this village and it is also a model village constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme.
The total extent of this village is 03 acres. Every housing unit in this village has an area of 15 perches in extent. This village has been provided with clean water, electricity, formally constructed access and an internal road system.
In the ceremony of entrusting the “Muththumari Nagar” model villages to the public, following benefits were facilitated to the people
- Housing titles were given to 25 recipient families in “Muththumari Nagar” village.
- Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.12.6Mn. were granted to 100 low income families in the area.
- “Sonduru Piyasa” housing loans amounted Rs.7Mn. were given to 35 beneficiaries.
- Occupational tool kits, uniforms and subjects related text books amounted to Rs.2.5Mn. were supplied to 50 trainees selected for the construction industry training under the “Shilpa Saviya” Programme.
- Housing aids worth Rs.12.7Mn were given to 50 kidney affected families in the area.
- Self – employment loans by Regional Development Bank were given to beneficiaries in the area.
- Spectacles were given to individuals with visual impairments in the area.