“Prabashanagama” at Samagipura, Nuwaragam palatha central in Anuradhapura district is the 85th model village vested in the public under the New Village Reawakening Programme. This village was open to public by Hon.Sajith Premadasa, Minister of Housing and Construction on 25.06.2018.
The construction activities of “Prabashanagama” village consisted of 25 new housing units were begun on 17th of July 2017. The National Housing Development Authority has given housing loans at low interest to the beneficiaries to construct houses in this village and it is also a model village constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme.
The total extent of this village is 03 acres. Every housing unit in this village has an area of 15 perches in extent. This village has been provided with clean water, electricity, formally constructed access and an internal road system.
In the ceremony of entrusting the “Prabashanagama” model villages to the public, following benefits were facilitated to the people
• Housing titles were given to 25 recipient families in “Prabashanagama” village.
• Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.20 Million were granted to 200 low income families in the area.
• Occupational tool kits, uniforms and subjects related text books amounted to Rs.2.5Mn. were supplied to 50 trainees selected for the construction industry training under the “Shilpa Saviya” Programme.
• Housing loans amounted 12.3Mn were granted to 50 kidney affected families in the area.
• Spectacles were given to individuals with visual impairments in the area.