“Ransilugama” at Navagaththegama in Puttalam district is the 97th model village vested in the public under the New Village Reawakening Programme. This village was open to public by Hon.Sajith Premadasa, Minister of Housing and Construction on 27.07.2018.
The construction activities of “Ransilugama” village consisted of 21 new housing units were begun on 21st of June 2015. The National Housing Development Authority has given housing loans at low interest to the beneficiaries to construct houses in this village and it is also a model village constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme.
The total extent of this village is 7 acres and 31 perches. Every housing unit in this village has an area of 45 – 50 perches in extent. This village has been provided with clean water, electricity, formally constructed access and an internal road system.
In the ceremony of entrusting the “Ransilugama” model villages to the public, following benefits were facilitated to the people
- Housing titles were given to 21 recipient families in “Ransilugama” village.
- Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.43.2Mn. were granted to 400 low income families in the area.
- “Sonduru Piyasa” housing loans amounted Rs.30Mn. were given to 150 beneficiaries.
- Occupational tool kits, uniforms and subjects related text books amounted to Rs.3.25Mn. were supplied to 65 trainees selected for the construction industry training under the “Shilpa Saviya” Programme.
- Spectacles were given to individuals with visual impairments in the area.
- Self-employment loans were given to benefishiries by Reigonal Development Bank.