The 31st model village “Ranthurunugama” the first youth village as well in Pothana, Dambulla in Matale District which was declared open to public under the New Village Reawakening Programme was vested in the public on 29th June 2017 by Hon.Sajith Premadasa, Minister of Housing & Construction.
Foundation stone was laid for this village in parallel to the National Youth Programme held in Dambulla last year. The National Housing Development Authority granted low interest rate housing loans for the construction of housing units in “Ranthurunugama” consists of 27 new housing units under Community Participatory Housing Development Programme. Every housing unit with an area of 10 perches in extent was facilitated with clean drinking water, electricity, access roads and a formal internal road system.
Following benefits were provided to the people by vesting the “Ranthurunugama” model village in public on 29th June 2017.
- The titles thereof were given to 27 recipient families of housing in the village
- Scattered housing loans worth Rs.70, 000,000 were granted to 700 low income families in the area.
- Housing aids valued at Rs.25,500,000 were furnished for 103 kidney affected families
- Occupational tool kits, uniforms and subject related text books were offered for 110 youths selected for the construction training under “Shilpa Saviya”.
- The community hall refurbished at the cost of Rs.1,000,000 was vested in public