“Rasool Nagar” at Pulmudei in Trincomalee district is the 112th model village vested in the public under the New Village Reawakening Programme. This village was open to public by Hon. Minister of Housing and Construction Sajith Premadasa on 27.08.2018.
The construction activities of “Rasool Nagar” village consisted of 30 new housing units were begun on 31st of May 2016. The National Housing Development Authority has given housing loans at low interest to the beneficiaries to construct houses in this village and it is also a model village constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme.
The total extent of this village is 05 acres. Every housing unit in this village has an area of 20 perches in extent. This village has been provided with clean water, electricity, formally constructed access and an internal road system.
In the ceremony of entrusting the “Rasool Nagar” model villages to the public, following benefits were facilitated to the people
• Housing titles were given to 30 recipient families in “Rasool Nagar” village.
• Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.4.5Mn. were granted to 45 low income families in the area.
• Housing aids amounted Rs.82.5Mn. were given to 165 beneficiaries in the area.
• Housing loan and aids worth Rs.9Mn. were granted to 180 low income families in the area.
• Self – employment loans by Regional Development Bank were given to beneficiaries in the area.
• Spectacles were given to individuals with visual impairments in the area.