“Sandadinugama”, “Janma Samarugama” and “Janma Abhimanigama” at Kudawewa, Nuwaragampalatha East in Anuradhapura district is the 70th and 71st model villages vested in the public under the New Village Reawakening Programme. These villages were inaugurated by Hon.Sajith Premadasa, Minister of Housing and Construction with parallel of the National Housing Day event on 23.06.2018.
The construction activities of “Sandadinugama”, “Janma Samarugama” and “Janma Abhimanigama” villages consisted of 25, 33 and 39 new housing units were begun on 27th of May 2016 and 07th of January 2017 respectively. The National Housing Development Authority has given housing loans at low interest to the beneficiaries to construct houses in these villages and they are also villages constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme.
The total extents of these villages are 3 and 4 acres each. Every housing unit in these villages has an area of 15 perches in extent. They have been provided with clean water, electricity, formally constructed access and an internal road system.
In the ceremony of entrusting the “Sandadinugama”, “Janma Samarugama” and “Janma Abhimanigama” model villages to the public, following benefits were facilitated to the people
• Housing titles were given to 97 recipient families in those villages.
• Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.12.2 Million were granted to 100 low income families in the area.
• “Sonduru Piyasa” housing loans amounted to Rs.10 Mn were given to 50 beneficiaries.
• Occupational tool kits, uniforms and subjects related text books amounted to Rs.2.5 Mn were supplied to 50 trainees selected for the construction industry training under the “Shilpa Saviya” Programme.
• Housing aids valued at Rs.14.2Mn were granted to 50 kidney affected people in the area.
• Spectacles were given to individuals with visual impairments in the area.