“Sangamangramam” was the 50th model village which was declared open at Sangamamkandi within the limits of Thirukkovil Divisional Secretariat Division in Ampara district under the New Village Reawakening Programme. This was vested in public on 23rd of March 2018 by Hon.Sajith Premadasa, Minister of Housing & Construction.
The construction of “Sangamangramam” model village consisted of 25 new housing units was commenced on 15th of April 2016. Low interest rate housing loans have been given by the National Housing Development Authority to get new housing units constructed. This is one of villages constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme.
The extent of the land of “Sangamangramam” village is 5 acres. Every housing unit with an area of 25 perches in extent was facilitated with clean drinking water, electricity, access roads and a formal internal road system. The total sum laid out on this initiative was Rs. 28 Mn.
- Following benefits were enabled to the people by vesting the “Sangamangramam” model village in public.
- Housing titles were given to 25 recipient families of housing in the village.
- Scattered housing loans worth Rs.10 Mn. were granted to 100 low income families in the area.
- “Sonduru Piyasa” housing loans valued at Rs.10 Mn. were granted to 50 beneficiaries
- Occupational tool kits, uniforms and subjects related text books amounted to Rs.5 Mn. were supplied to 100 trainees selected for the construction industry training under the “Shilpa Saviya” Programme and certificates were awarded to 80 individuals who completed the training.
- 1250 mango saplings were distributed to 1,250 beneficiaries