“Santhosagama” at Siribopura, in Hambantota District is the 44th model village vested in the public under the New Village Reawakening Programme. This village was unveiled by Hon.Sajith Premadasa, Minister of Housing and Construction with the patronage of Indian High Commissioner of Sri Lanka, His Excellency Taranjit Singh Sandhu on 26.10.2017.
The construction activities of this village consisted of 37 new housing units were executed on 09.07.2016. The National Housing Development Authority has given housing loans at low interest rate to the beneficiaries and this is also a village constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme.
The total extent of this village is 03 acres, 01 rood. Every housing unit in this village has an area of 10 perches in extent. It has been provided with clean water, electricity, formally constructed access and an internal road system.
In the ceremony of entrusting the “Sandthosagama” model village to the public, following benefits were entrusted to the public.
- Housing titles were handed over to 37 recipient families of housing in the village.
- Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.124.8 Million were granted to 505 low income families in the area.
- Cement aids valued at Rs. 557,000 were distributed to 64 beneficiaries
- Loans amounting to Rs.46 Million were granted under “Swashakthi” Self – Employment Promotion Programme
- Sewing machines worth Rs.15.4 Million were granted under “Swashakthi” Self – Employment Promotion Programme
- Spectacles valuable Rs. 48,000 were given to people with vision disabilities
- Chairs cost Rs.52,000 were offered to the community societies of “Santhosagama” and “Sanhindagama” model villages
- A kidney disease clinic and an indigenous medical clinic were conducted.