“Sathiragama” at Kadurupokuna North, Tangalle in Hambantota district is the 66th model village vested in the public under the New Village Reawakening Programme. This village was open to public by Hon.Sajith Premadasa, Minister of Housing and Construction on 10.05.2018.
The construction activities of “Sathiragama” village consisted of 30 new housing units were begun on 23th of May 2016. The National Housing Development Authority has given housing loans at low interest to the beneficiaries to construct houses in this village and it is also a model village constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme.
The total extent of this village is 2 acres. Every housing unit in this village has an area of 10 perches in extent. This village has been provided with clean water, electricity, formally constructed access and an internal road system. The total sum invested in this village was Rs.19.2 Million.
In the ceremony of entrusting the “Sathiragama” model villages to the public, following benefits were facilitated to the people
- Housing titles were given to 30 recipient families in “Sathiragama” village.
- Freehold deeds were given to people in the area.
- Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.20 Million were granted to 200 low income families in the area.
- “Viru Sumithuru” housing aids amounted to Rs.10.2 Mn. were given to beneficiaries
- Chairs were given to housing Society of “Sathiragama” villege.
- Spectacles were given to 298 individuals with visual impairments in the area.
Indigenous medical clinic and kidney disease clinic were conducted.