The 24th model village “Sathmithugama” at Galwewa in Hambantota Divisional Secretariat Division was vested in the public under the New Village Reawakening Programme on 07th April 2017 by Hon.Sajith Premadasa, Minister of Housing & Construction.
The village consists of 25 new housing units and it was constructed in an area in extent of 5 acres under Community Participatory Housing Development Programme at low interest rate housing loan scheme given by the National Housing Development Authority. Every housing unit consisted of a ground in extent of 20 perches.
Services underneath were enabled to people by vesting the “Sathmithugama” model village in the public.
- Relevant ownerships were transferred to 25 recipient families of housing in the village
- Scattered housing loans were granted to 500 low income families in the area bearing a sum of Rs.50,000,000
- Self-employment aids were given to recipients at the cost of Rs.300,000
- Children’s savings accounts books were supplied to children of recipients
- Chairs were distributed to the housing society
- Spectacles amounting to Rs.268, 000 were offered free for 335 blind persons
- Land Mobile Service Programme
- Mobile Service Programme for National Identity Cards and
- “Saubhagya” Self Employment Programme sponsored by Unilever Company Ltd.