“Sathnidugama” at Kekirihena in Ampara district is the 143rd model village vested in the public under the New Village Reawakening Programme. This village was open to public by Hon.Sajith Premadasa, Minister of Housing and Construction on 21.10.2018.
The construction activities of “Sathnidugama” village consisted of 27 new housing units were begun on 25th of May 2016. The National Housing Development Authority has given housing loans at low interest to the beneficiaries to construct houses in this village and it is also a model village constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme.
The total extent of this village is 3.75 acres. Every housing unit in this village has an area of 20 perches in extent. This village has been provided with clean water, electricity, formally constructed access and an internal road system.
In the ceremony of entrusting the “Sathnidugama” model villages to the public, following benefits were facilitated to the people
- Housing titles were given to 27 recipient families in “Sathnidugama” village.
- Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.5Million were granted to 50 low income families in the area.
- “Sonduru Piyasa” housing loans amounted Rs.10Mn. were given to 50 beneficiaries.
- Housing aids worth Rs. 9.5Mn were given to kidney affected families in the area.
- “Viru Sumithuru” housing aids amounted Rs.21.9Mn were given to beneficiaries in the area.
- Self – employment loans by Regional Development Bank were given to beneficiaries in the area.
- Spectacles were given to individuals with visual impairments in the area.