“Senpathi Kanchadevagama” at Siribopura in Hambantota district is the 93rd model village vested in the public under the New Village Reawakening Programme. This village was open to public by Hon. Minister of Housing and Construction Sajith Premadasa on 18.07.2018.
The construction activities of “Senpathi Kanchadevagama” village consisted of 34 new housing units were begun on 17th of December 2016. The National Housing Development Authority has given housing loans at low interest to the beneficiaries to construct houses in this village and it is also a model village constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme.
The total extent of this village is 2.5 acres. Every housing unit in this village has an area of 10 perches in extent. This village has been provided with clean water, electricity, formally constructed access and an internal road system.
In the ceremony of entrusting the “Senpathi Kanchadevagama” model villages to the public, following benefits were facilitated to the people
• Housing titles were given to 34 recipient families in “Senpathi Kanchadevagama” village.
• Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.10Mn. were granted to 100 low income families in the area.
• “Sonduru Piyasa” housing loans amounted Rs.20Mn. were given to 100 beneficiaries.
• Occupational tool kits, uniforms and subjects related text books amounted to Rs.2.5Mn. were supplied to 50 trainees selected for the construction industry training under the “Shilpa Saviya” Programme.
• Spectacles were given to individuals with visual impairments in the area.