“Sevanagama” at Suriyawewa Divisional Secretariat Division in Hambantota District was the 28th model village which was vested in the public on 28.05.2017 under the New Village Reawakening Programme. This model village was vested in the public on 28th May 2017.
The construction of 100 housing units in 4 new reawakened villages commenced in 2015, 192 housing units in 8 new reawakened villages commenced in 2016 and 306 housing units in 10 reawakened villages commenced in 2017 was commenced under the current good governance government. “Sevanagama” model village was the one of so constructed villages.
This village consists of 20 new housing units. The National Housing Development Authority granted low interest rate housing loans for the construction of housing units in “Sevanagama” under Community Participatory Housing Development Programme. Every housing unit has an area of 10 perches in extent.
Following benefits were made available to the public by vesting the “Sandapahanagama” model village in public on 28th May 2017.
- The relevant titles thereof were afforded for 20 recipient families of housing in the village.
- Scattered housing loans worth Rs.50, 000,000 were granted to 500 low income families in the area.
- Cement grants worth Rs.24,300,000 were distributed to 270 recipient families under “Semata Sevana – Plastering Aids Programme
- Spectacles amounting to Rs.160, 000 were offered for 200 people.
- Housing grants valued at Rs.10,000,000 were granted to 50 kidney affected families
- Chairs valuable Rs. 18,750 were distributed to the housing society in the village
- Kidney and local medical clinics
- The land mobile service
(Click on picture to larger view)