The Accelerated Program for the Development of Middle Income Housing & Infrastructure, as it is presently known, was a commitment made by the Hon. Prime Minister in his manifesto introduced in the runup to the General Election 2015. It was a commitment to launch an extensive program to construct 500,000 housing apartment at a reasonable price for the middle class and the working class in the urban and suburban areas. “Today, this commitment has been fashioned and developed in to a reality in the form of a vibrant Public – Private partnership effort implemented under Ministry of Housing & Construction.
The middle Income Housing Development Program, as it is planned and implemented today, concentrates on the provision of housing, mainly in the form of apartments, in and around nodal points close to express way exits and railway stations, facilitating speedy and easy access to urban work places. Further, they are to be made available at prices affordable to the vast numbers of middle- income wage earners, who can ill afford to procure high priced urban land or invest in the luxury apartments sprouting in the cities. The new program is also in the process of facilitating mortgage financing through Banks, for the prospective purchasers of these housing units. However, the most significant factor in this program is that it is totally private – sector driven. The investment, design, construction, marketing and sale of the houses is undertaken by the private – sector, with the Government playing an enabling role by providing or facilitating access to suitable land and by bringing the infrastructure facilities up to the selected housing sites. The Government, in addition, facilitates the process by advising on designs, checking on structural requirements, ensuring the quality of construction and expediting the approval processes. A Project Facilitation Office, which will function as a one facility for the Developers has already been established.
Six Projects under this Program, in Homagama (2). Wadduwa, Ragama, Yakkala and Kundasale have already been assigned to private sector developer through a transparent bidding process and launched, while further projects are to be launched as and when land, especially state owned land get released. The new urban agenda of the Government has recognized that housing is both inseparable from new process of urbanization and is a socio- economic development imperative. The Government therefore, is committed to the expansion of adequate and affordable housing as central to achieving inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable urbanization. Housing, accordingly,has been elevated as one of highest priorities of the Government’s development effort and Accelerated Program for the Development of Middle Income Housing and Infrastructure, is undoubtedly one of the most important and
integral components of this effort.
Green Valley Apartment Complex
Green Valley Apartment Complex is built on lush green landscaped environment spanning 8 acres of land situated in between Athurugiriya and Homagama an in close proximity to Nano Technology Park and IT Hub of Sri Lanka in Malabe.15 minute drive to High Level road, 15 minute drive form Athurugiriya Interchange, 10 minute drive from Athurugiriya, 20 minute drive from Homagama. As the roads are bound to develop further this new Township would be a landmark connected to other towns and locations making it prime land of the future. Your home will be close to Schools, Universities, Hospitals and Business Centers of tomorrow. If you consider the changing face of the Western Province and Greater Colombo you will not hesitate to move into Green Valley.
- Internal Floor Area: Non-slippery ceramic floor tiles.
- Verandas & Balconies: Non-slippery rustic ceramic tiles
- Toilets Floor & Walls: Non-slippery ceramic tiles and walls with ceramic tile up to a height of 7 ft, on shower areas and 5ft on other areas.
- Internal Walls: Smooth plaster, one coat of wall putty and 2 coats of emulsion paint.
- All External walls: Rough or semi plaster, one coat of wall filler and two coats of weather shield paint.
- All bathroom floors and balconies are to be water proofed
- Termite Treatment: Shall be treated for termite.
- 2” thick RCC work top with 8”x 8” tiles on top.
- Bottom and top cupboards made out of Mahogany or equivalent timber (only for 3 bed room units).
- Stainless steel single bowl single drain sink and swan neck tap.
- Bathroom fittings: Commode & cistern, pedestal wash basin, soap tray, tooth brush holder, hand bidet, toilet paper holder, towel rack and pencil edged mirror to be provided.
- Hot water: Via Geezer (15 Liter capacity) to Master bathroom shower (only for 3 bed room units).
- Provisions for the washing machine shall be provided.
- 230 V/30 Amp single phase power supply.
- Separate electricity meter for each unit.
- 5 amp, 13 amp and 15 amp socket outlets.
- TV & a Telephone outlet.
- Ceiling fans for living area and all bedrooms.
- No fittings shall be supplied by the developer; only the point wiring shall be provided.
- Front Door: Mahogany sash and red balaw or equivalent frame.
- Internal Doors & Rear Door: Ply wood sash and red balaw or equivalent frame.
- Main Door Lock: Union or equivalent as directed by the Architect.
- Windows: White powder coated aluminum with necessary fittings.
- PVC cold pipe network for each bathroom via a common PVC water tank placed on roof top.
- Separate water meter for each unit.
- Two Swimming pools
- Two Gymnasums
- Jogging Track
- Kids Play Area
- Multi-Purpose Court
- Day Care Center
- Allocated Parking for Residence
- Ample Parking for Visitors
The foundation stone was laid
House Types and Designing
Home Lands Skyline
No 1060, Pannipitiya Road,
Battaramulla, Sri Lanka
Tel. +94 703 888 888