“Sirimithuru LOLC Udagama” at Thissapura in Thissamaharama in Hambantota district is the 94th model village vested in the public under the New Village Reawakening Programme. This village was open to public by Hon.Sajith Premadasa, Minister of Housing and Construction on 20.07.2018.
The construction activities of “Sirimithuru LOLC Udagama” village consisted of 30 new housing units were begun on 04th of December 2016. The National Housing Development Authority has given housing loans at low interest to the beneficiaries to construct houses in this village and it is also a model village constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme.
The total extent of this village is 4.5 acres. Every housing unit in this village has an area of 20 perches in extent. This village has been provided with clean water, electricity, formally constructed access and an internal road system.
In the ceremony of entrusting the “Sirimithuru LOLC Udagama” model villages to the public, following benefits were facilitated to the people
• Housing titles were given to 30 recipient families in “Sirimithuru LOLC Udagama” village.
• Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.10Mn. were granted to 100 low income families in the area.
• “Sonduru Piyasa” housing loans amounted Rs.30Mn. were given to 150 beneficiaries.
• Occupational tool kits, uniforms and subjects related text books amounted to Rs.2.5Mn. were supplied to 50 trainees selected for the construction industry training under the “Shilpa Saviya” Programme.
• Spectacles were given to individuals with visual impairments in the area.
• Indigenous medical clinic and kidney disease clinic were conducted.