“Sirisubagama” at Wediwewa, Sooriyawewa in Hambantota district is the 67th model village vested in the public under the New Village Reawakening Programme. This village was open to public by Hon.Sajith Premadasa, Minister of Housing and Construction on 13.05.2018.
The construction activities of “Sirisubagama” village consisted of 67 new housing units were begun on 05th of June 2016. The National Housing Development Authority has given housing loans at low interest to the beneficiaries to construct houses in this village and it is also a model village constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme.
The total extent of this village is 10 acres. Every housing unit in this village has an area of 20 perches in extent. This village has been provided with clean water, electricity, formally constructed access and an internal road system. The total sum invested in this village was Rs.41.1 Million.
In the ceremony of entrusting the “Sirisubagama” model villages to the public, following benefits were facilitated to the people
- Housing titles were given to 67 recipient families in “Sirisubagama” village.
- Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.10 Million were granted to 100 low income families in the area.
- “Sonduru Piyasa” housing loans amounted to Rs.20 Mn. were given to 100 beneficiaries
- Occupational tool kits, uniforms and subjects related text books amounted to Rs.5 Mn. were supplied to 100 trainees selected for the construction industry training under the “Shilpa Saviya” Programme.
- Spectacles were given to 200 individuals with visual impairments in the area.
- Chairs were given to housing society of “Sirisubagama” village.