“Sivdevigama” at Maharekma in Kalutara district was the 49th model village publicized under the New Village Reawakening Programme. This was vested in the public on 15th of March 2018 by Hon.Sajith Premadasa, Minister of Housing and Construction.
The construction of this village consisted of 39 new housing units was executed on 16.06.2016. The National Housing Development Authority has given housing loans at low interest rate to the beneficiaries and this is also a village constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme
The extent of the land of “Sivdevigama” village is 3 1/2 acres. Each house has a landscape of 10 perches. This village is consisted of clean drinking water, electricity, formally constructed access roads and an internal road system. The total amount invested in this village was Rs.35.5 Mn.
Following benefits were facilitated to the people by vesting the “Sivdevigama” model village in the public.
- Housing titles were given to 39 recipient families of housing.
- Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.10 Mn. were granted to 100 low income families in the area.
- “Sonduru Piyasa” housing loans valued at Rs.10 Mn. were granted to 50 beneficiaries
- Occupational tool kits, uniforms and subjects related text books amounted to Rs.2.5 Mn. were supplied to 50 trainees selected for the construction industry training under the “Shilpa Saviya” Programme and certificates were awarded to 80 individuals who completed the training.
- Spectacles worth Rs. 95,000 were given to 95 individuals with visual impairments in the area.