The 34th model village “Siyajayagama” at Padawigama in Lunugamwehera Divisional Secretariat Division in Hambantota District was vested in the public by Minister of Housing and Construction on 22.07.2017.Housing units of “Siyajayagma” village consisted of 25 housing units under Community Participatory Housing Development Programme were constructed at low interest rate housing loan scheme given by the National Housing Development Authority. The total investment for the project was Rs.14.6 Million. Every housing unit has an area of 20 perches in extent and inmates have been provided with clean water, electricity, access roads and an internal road system formally constructed. People were benefited with the following advantages in the programme of vesting the “Sirijayagama” new reawakened village in the public.
- Title deeds were given to 25 recipient families of housing in the village.
- Land licenses were supplied to 105 families in the area for lands in which they occupy.
- Scattered housing loans worth Rs.40, 000,000 were granted to 400 low income families in the area.• Occupational tool kits, uniforms and subjects related text books amounted to Rs.375, 000 were supplied to 50 youths selected for the construction training under “Shilpa Saviya”.
- 25 chairs totaling to Rs.18, 750 were distributed to the housing society.
- Kidney disease and local medical clinics