“Siyanethugama” at Ranminithenna in Tissamaharama in Hambantota District was the 55th model village vested in the public on 06th of April 2018 under the New Village Reawakening Programme by Hon.Sajith Premadasa, Minister of Housing and Construction.
The construction activities of the “Siyanethugama ” village which is comprised of 29 new housing units was initiated on 15th of October 2017. The National Housing Development Authority has given housing loans to beneficiaries at low rate interest to construct houses. This is also a model village constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme.
The extent of the land of “Siyanethugama” village is 2 acres. Each house has a landscape of 10 perches. This village is consisted of clean drinking water, electricity, formally constructed access roads and an internal road system. The total amount spent was Rs.24.5 Mn.
Following benefits were facilitated to the people by vesting the “Siyanethugama” model village in the public.
- Housing titles were given to 29 recipient families of housing.
- Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.10 Million were granted to 100 low income families in the area.
- “Sonduru Piyasa” housing loans amounted to Rs.10 Mn. were given to 50 beneficiaries
- Occupational tool kits, uniforms and subjects related text books amounted to Rs.6.2 Mn. were supplied to 125 trainees selected for the construction industry training under the “Shilpa Saviya” Programme and certificates were awarded to individuals who completed the training.
- “Sonduru Piyasa” housing loans amounted to Rs.20 Mn. were given to 100 beneficiaries
- Spectacles were given to individuals with visual impairments.
- An indigenous medical clinic and a medical clinic were conducted.