“Siyapathagama” at Pilana Karanketiya in Akmeemana in Galle district is the 104th model village vested in the public under the New Village Reawakening Programme. This village was open to public by Hon. Minister of Housing and Construction Sajith Premadasa on 10.08.2018.
The construction activities of “Siyapathagama” village consisted of 25 new housing units were begun on 26th of May 2016. The National Housing Development Authority has given housing loans at low interest to the beneficiaries to construct houses in this village and it is also a model village constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme.
The total extent of this village is 04 acres. Every housing unit in this village has an area of 10 perches in extent. This village has been provided with clean water, electricity, formally constructed access and an internal road system.
In the ceremony of entrusting the “Siyapathagama” model villages to the public, following benefits were facilitated to the people
• Housing titles were given to 25 recipient families in “Siyapathagama” village.
• Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.30Mn. were granted to 300 low income families in the area.
• “Sonduru Piyasa” housing loans amounted Rs.20Mn. were given to 100 beneficiaries.
• Housing loans and aids amounted Rs.5Mn. were given to 100 beneficiaries in the area.
• Occupational tool kits, uniforms and subjects related text books amounted to Rs.3.75Mn. were supplied to 75 trainees selected for the construction industry training under the “Shilpa Saviya” Programme.
• Housing aids worth Rs.12.7Mn were given to 50 kidney affected families in the area.
• Self – employment loans by Regional Development Bank were given to beneficiaries in the area.
• Freehold deeds were given to selected families in the area.
• Spectacles were given to individuals with visual impairments in the area.