“Siyathurugama” at Padawgama, Lunugamwehera in Hambantota district was the 46th model village made public under the New Village Reawakening Programme. This was vested in the public on 06th November 2017 by Hon.Sajith Premadasa, Minister of Housing and Construction.
The construction of “Siyathurugama” village consisted of 23 new houses was begun on 10th June 2016. The National Housing Development Authority has given housing loans to beneficiaries at low rate interest to construct houses. This is also a model village constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme.
The extent of the land of “Siyathurugamaa” village is 3 1/2 acres. Each house has a property of 20 perches. This village is comprised of clean drinking water, electricity, formally constructed access roads and an internal road system. The total amount disbursed was Rs.12.36 Million.
People were accommodated with the following by vesting the “Siyathurugama” model village in public.
- Housing titles were given to 23 recipient families of housing.
- Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.160 Million were granted to 600 low income families in the area.
- Cement was distributed to 150 beneficiaries under the “Semata Sevana” Plastering Pogramme
- Benefits amounting to Rs.7 Million were offered to 140 youths selected for the construction industry training
- Chairs were handed out to the housing society of the “Siyathurugama” new village
- A clinic for kidney patients and an indigenous medical clinic were conducted.