“Sri Amaradevagama” at Siribopura, Hambantota in Hambantota district is the 60th model village vested in the public under the New Village Reawakening Programme. This village was open to public by Hon.Sajith Premadasa, Minister of Housing and Construction on 30.04.2018.
The construction activities of “Sri Amaradevagama” village consisted of 36 new housing units were begun on 13th of November 2016 with a view to honoring Dr. Pandith Amaradeva. The National Housing Development Authority has given housing loans at low interest to the beneficiaries to construct houses in this village and it is also a model village constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme.
The total extent of this village is 2.5 acres. Every housing unit in this village has an area of 15 perches in extent. This village has been provided with clean water, electricity, formally constructed access and an internal road system. The total sum invested in this village was Rs.23.1 Million.
In the ceremony of entrusting the “Sri Amaradevagama” model villages to the public, following benefits were facilitated to the people
- Housing titles and freehold deeds were given to 36 recipient families in “Sri Amaradevagama” village.
- Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.10 Million were granted to 100 low income families in the area.
- “Sonduru Piyasa” housing loans amounted to Rs.24 Mn. were given to 120 beneficiaries
- Occupational tool kits, uniforms and subjects related text books amounted to Rs.5 Mn. were supplied to 100 trainees selected for the construction industry training under the “Shilpa Saviya” Programme.
- Spectacles amounted to Rs. 150,000 were given to 150 individuals with visual impairments in the area.
- Chairs were handed over to the housing society of the “Sri Amaradevagama” new villege.
- A clinic for kidney patients and an indigenous medical clinic were conducted.