“Subasenpura” at Makaduwawa, Mahawa in Kurunegala district is the 73rd model village vested in the public under the New Village Reawakening Programme. This village was open to public by Hon.Sajith Premadasa, Minister of Housing and Construction on 28.05.2018.
The construction activities of “Subasenpura” village consisted of 24 new housing units were begun on 08th of July 2016. The National Housing Development Authority has given housing loans at low interest to the beneficiaries to construct houses in this village and it is also a model village constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme.
The total extent of this village is 3.87 acres. Every housing unit in this village has an area of 15 perches in extent. This village has been provided with clean water, electricity, formally constructed access and an internal road system. The total sum invested in this village was Rs.26.3 Million.
In the ceremony of entrusting the “Subasenpura” model villages to the public, following benefits were facilitated to the people
• Housing titles were given to 24 recipient families in “Subasenpura” village.
• Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.12.8 Million were granted to 128 low income families in the area.
• “Sonduru Piyasa” housing loans amounted to Rs.13.2Mn were given to 66 beneficiaries
• Housing aids and loans amounted 11Mn were given to 22 benifisheries.
• Occupational tool kits, uniforms and subjects related text books amounted to Rs.2.5Mn. were supplied to 50 trainees selected for the construction industry training under the “Shilpa Saviya” Programme.
• Housing aids amounted 14.5Mn were granted to 53 kidney affected families in the area.
• “Grama Shakthi” housing aids amounted 2.5Mn were given to 22 benefisheris.
• Spectacles were given to 100 individuals with visual impairments in the area.