“Surabhi Nagar” at Iththavil, Pachchilaipalli in Kilinochchi district is the 69th model village vested in the public under the New Village Reawakening Programme. This village was open to public by Hon.Sajith Premadasa, Minister of Housing and Construction on 21.05.2018.
The construction activities of “Surabhi Nagar” village consisted of 25 new housing units were begun on 13th of March 2017. The National Housing Development Authority has given housing loans at low interest to the beneficiaries to construct houses in this village and it is also a model village constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme.
The total extent of this village is 15.44 acres. Every housing unit in this village has an area of 14 perches in extent. This village has been provided with clean water, electricity, formally constructed access and an internal road system. The total sum invested in this village was Rs.23.1 Million.
In the ceremony of entrusting the “Surabhi Nagar” model villages to the public, following benefits were facilitated to the people
• Housing titles were given to 23 recipient families in “Surabhi Nagar” village.
• Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.40 Million were granted to 400 low income families in the area.
• “Sonduru Piyasa” housing loans amounted to Rs.2Mn were given to 10 beneficiaries
• Housing aids and loans amounted 40Mn were given to 200 benifisheries.
• Occupational tool kits, uniforms and subjects related text books amounted to Rs.7.5Mn. were supplied to 150 trainees selected for the construction industry training under the “Shilpa Saviya” Programme.
• Spectacles were given to 75 individuals with visual impairments in the area.