“Svami Vipulanandar Kottam” at Muruvodai Tamil in Koralaipattu in Batticaloa district is the 130th model village vested in the public under the New Village Reawakening Programme. This village was open to public by Hon. Minister of Housing and Construction Sajith Premadasa on 30.09.2018.
The construction activities of “Svami Vipulanandar Kottam” village consisted of 30 new housing units were begun on 08th of May 2017. The National Housing Development Authority has given housing loans at low interest to the beneficiaries to construct houses in this village and it is also a model village constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme.
The total extent of this village is 2.35 acres. Every housing unit in this village has an area of 12 perches in extent. This village has been provided with clean water, electricity, formally constructed access and an internal road system.
In the ceremony of entrusting the “Svami Vipulanandar Kottam” model villages to the public, following benefits were facilitated to the people
- Housing titles were given to 30 recipient families in “Svami Vipulanandar Kottam” village.
- Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.10Mn. were granted to 100 low income families in the area.
- “Sonduru Piyasa” housing loans amounted Rs.20Mn. were given to 100 beneficiaries.
- Housing aids amounted Rs.150Mn. were given to 300 beneficiaries in the area.
- Self – employment loans by Regional Development Bank were given to beneficiaries in the area.
- Spectacles were given to individuals with visual impairments in the area.