“Swasthigama” at Manewa, Ipalogama in Anuradhapura district is the 58th model village vested in the public under the New Village Reawakening Programme. This village was open to public by Hon.Sajith Premadasa, Minister of Housing and Construction on 23.04.2018.
The construction activities of “Swasthigama” village consisted of 25 new housing units were begun on 23rd of June 2016. The National Housing Development Authority has given housing loans at low interest to the beneficiaries to construct houses in this village and it is also a model village constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme.
The total extent of this village is 3 acres and 20 perches. Every housing unit in this village has an area of 20 perches in extent. This village has been provided with clean water, electricity, formally constructed access and an internal road system. The total sum invested in this village was Rs.26.3 Million.
In the ceremony of entrusting the “Swasthigama” model villages to the public, following benefits were facilitated to the people
- Housing titles and freehold deeds were given to 25 recipient families in “Swasthigama” villages.
- Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.10 Million were granted to 100 low income families in the area.
- “Sonduru Piyasa” housing loans amounted to Rs.10 Mn. were given to 50 beneficiaries
- Housing aids valuable at Rs. 12.8 Mn. were granted to 50 kidney patients
- Occupational tool kits, uniforms and subjects related text books amounted to Rs.6 Mn. were supplied to 180 trainees selected for the construction industry training under the “Shilpa Saviya” Programme.
- Spectacles amounted to Rs. 300,000 were given to 300 individuals with visual impairments in the area.