“Thuruudugama” and “Muvasirigama” at Uksiripura, Damana in Ampara district is the 91st and 92nd model villages vested in the public under the New Village Reawakening Programme. These villages were inaugurated by Hon.Sajith Premadasa, Minister of Housing and Construction on 16.07.2018.
The construction activities of “Thuruudugama” and “Muvasirigama” villages consisted of 25 and 23 new housing units were begun on 12th of November 2015 and 30th of March 2016 respectively. The National Housing Development Authority has given housing loans at low interest to the beneficiaries to construct houses in these villages and they are also villages constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme.
The total extents of “Thuruudugama” and “Muvasirigama” are 02ac/25pr and 02ac/34pr respectively. Every housing unit in these villages has an area of 15 perches in extent. They have been provided with clean water, electricity, formally constructed access and an internal road system.
In the ceremony of entrusting the “Thuruudugama” and “Muvasirigama” model villages to the public, following benefits were facilitated to the people
- Housing titles were given to 25 and 23 recipient families in “Thuruudugama” and “Muvasirigama” villages separately.
- Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.5 Million were granted to 50 low income families in the area.
- “Sonduru Piyasa” housing loans amounted to Rs.20Mn were given to 100 beneficiaries.
- Occupational tool kits, uniforms and subjects related text books amounted to Rs.5Mn were supplied to 100 trainees selected for the construction industry training under the “Shilpa Saviya” Programme.
- Housing loans and aids amounted to Rs.7.5Mn were given to 150 low income families in the area.
- Housing aids worth 10Mn were granted to 50 kidney affected families in the area.
- Spectacles were given to individuals with visual impairments in the area.