“Anandapuram” at Thampankeni in Porthivupattu in Batticaloa district is the 161st model village vested in the public under the New Village Reawakening Programme. This village was open to public by Hon.Sajith Premadasa, Minister of Housing, Construction and Cultural Affairs on 28.01.2019.
The construction activities of “Anandapuram” village consisted of 25 new housing units were begun on 09th of May 2017. The National Housing Development Authority has given housing loans at low interest to the beneficiaries to construct houses in this village and it is also a model village constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme.
The total extent of this village is 3.31 acres. Every housing unit in this village has an area of 20 perches in extent. This village has been provided with clean water, electricity, formally constructed access and an internal road system.
In the ceremony of entrusting the “Anandapuram” model villages to the public, following benefits were facilitated to the people
- Housing titles were given to 25 recipient families in “Anandapuram” village.
- Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.15Million were granted to 100 low income families in the area.
- Housing aids amounted Rs.120Mn. were given to 160 beneficiaries in the area.
- Medical aids were given to artists in the area.
- Self – employment loans by Regional Development Bank were given to beneficiaries in the area.
- Spectacles were given to individuals with visual impairments in the area.