The Construction Industry Development Authority was established under the Construction Industry Development Act No.33 of 2014 to regulate, register,formalize and standardize the activities of the construction industry. The Act provides for the establishment of the national advisory council on construction, the establishment of the construction industry development fund, to provide measures for the improvement and wellbeing of the industry related professionals, manufacturers, suppliers, contractors and craftsmen and for the settlement of disputes related to construction activities and to ensure public safety in the construction industry of Sri Lanka.
The objects and functions set out in the Act are currently being carried out by the Construction Industry Development Authority.
To create a reliable and globally competitive construction industry for Sri Lanka.
To ensure dynamic, professional, and reliable value added services to the nation, through regulation and facilitation of the development of construction industry resources and promotion of quality standards, to meet local
The Main areas of activities
- The Main areas of activities of CIDA are Recommend strategies for the development of the Construction Industry and assist in their implementation.
- Regulate registration and grading of Construction Contractors. Promote professionalism of consultants and coordinate activities of professional bodies and assist in the formation of similar bodies in the Construction Industry.
- Promote /Facilitate export of construction industrial services by undertaking overseas contracts. Provide advisory services to the Construction Industry.
- Review human resource requirements of the industry and assist in the provision of training facilities. Promote the advancement of the skills and expertise of personnel and professional bodies in the Construction Industry.
- Promote /Undertake research on matters related to the Construction Industry.
- Promote Quality Assurance and productivity in the Construction Industry.
- Promote and grant assistance to the development of industries related to the Construction Industry.
- Undertake or assist any other activity for the promotion of the Construction Industry.and global requirements for sustainable national development.
Social Chanel –