The Construction Industry Development Authority (CIDA) is an organization set up by the Government of Sri Lanka to develop and promote the domestic Construction Industry, Contractors, Professionals, Work Force, etc. CIDA has established itself as a recognized and important constituent of the Construction Industry.
A reliable and competent construction industry in Sri Lanka, in par with global standards.
To provide strategic leadership to the construction industry, by ensuring dynamic and professional industry services through a national construction policy, regulations, capacity building, development and the promotion of quality standards of the domestic construction industry to meet the requirements for sustainable national development.
The Main areas of activities of CIDA are
- Recommend strategies for the development of the Construction Industry and assist in their implementation.
- Regulate registration and grading of Construction Contractors.
- Promote professionalism of consultants and coordinate activities of professional bodies and assist in the formation of similar bodies in the Construction Industry.
- Promote /Facilitate export of construction industrial services by undertaking overseas contracts.
- Provide advisory services to the Construction Industry.
- Review human resource requirements of the industry and assist in the provision of training facilities.
- Promote the advancement of the skills and expertise of personnel and professional bodies in the Construction Industry.
- Promote /Undertake research on matters related to the Construction Industry.
- Promote Quality Assurance and productivity in the Construction Industry.
- Promote and grant assistance to the development of industries related to the Construction Industry.
- Undertake or assist any other activity for the promotion of the Construction Industry
Social Chanel –