“Darmabivandanagama” at diganhalmillewa in Kahatagasdigiliya in Anuradapura district is the 174th model village vested in the public under the New Village Reawakening Programme. This village was open to public by Hon. Minister of Housing, Construction & Cultural Affairs Sajith Premadasa on 04.03.2019.
The National Housing Development Authority has given housing loans at low interest to the beneficiaries to construct houses in “Darmabivandanagama” village consisted of 56 new housing units, and it is also a model village constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme.
In the ceremony of entrusting the “Darmabivandanagama” model villages to the public, following benefits were facilitated to the people
- Housing titles were given to 56 recipient families in “Darmabivandanagama” village.
- Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.27Mn. were granted to 125 low income families in the area.
- “Sonduru Piyasa” housing loans amounted Rs.10Mn. were given to 50 beneficiaries.
- Housing aids worth Rs.44Mn were given to kidney affected families in the area.
- Occupational tool kits, uniforms and subjects related text books amounted Rs.5Mn were supplied to 100 trainees selected for the construction industry training under the “Shilpa Saviya” Programme.
- Self – employment loans by Regional Development Bank were given to beneficiaries in the area.
- Spectacles were given to individuals with visual impairments in the area.