“Dividinugama” and “Hirukiranagama” at Ihalagama, Kekirawa in Anuradapura district is the 145th and 146th model villages vested in the public under the New Village Reawakening Programme. These villages were inaugurated by Hon.Sajith Premadasa, Minister of Housing, Construction and Cultural Affairs on 30.12.2018.
The construction activities of “Dividinugama” and “Muvasirigama” villages consisted of 50 new housing units were begun on 06th of June 2015. The National Housing Development Authority has given housing loans at low interest to the beneficiaries to construct houses in these villages and they are also villages constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme.
The total extents of these two villages are 19 acres. Every housing unit in these villages has an area of 15 perches in extent. They have been provided with clean water, electricity, formally constructed access and an internal road system.
In the ceremony of entrusting the “Dividinugama” and “Hirukiranagama” model villages to the public, following benefits were facilitated to the people
- Housing titles were given to 50 recipient families in “Dividinugama” and “Hirukiranagama” villages separately.
- Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.28Million were granted to 135 low income families in the area.
- “Virusumithuru” housing aids amounted to Rs.16.5Mn were given to 36 beneficiaries.
- Housing aids worth Rs.13.2Mn were granted to 50 kidney affected families in the area.
- Self – employment loans by Regional Development Bank were given to beneficiaries in the area.
- Spectacles were given to individuals with visual impairments in the area.