The main objectives of the Ministry
Housing and Development Division
- Formulation of policies, rules, regulations, programmes and projects, monitoring and evaluation regarding the subject of housing.
- Implementing housing schemes and housing financial assistance programmes for fulfilling housing requirements of people including low-income earners, middle-income earners and special community groups and dealing with housing requests made by the public.
- Activities relating to identification, acquisition, taking over, disposition of lands and issuing deeds for housing development needs.
- Formulating policies, rules and regulations in respect of the subject of construction and evaluating same.
- Providing facilities required for the maintenance of the construction industry.
- Regulating and guiding the activities of the Construction Industry Development Authority under the Ministry.
- Fulfilling the function of Standing Technical Committees for all Ministries and Departments of the government.
- Coordinating the construction institutions under the purview of the Ministry and regulating progress.
- Offering technical guidance in construction activities for nontechnical institutions under the Ministry.
- Recommending Visa for foreign professionals and trained professionals related to the construction field.
- Implementing rural housing construction programme for displaced families and providing necessary basic infrastructure.
- Continuously implementing the demining programme.