“Katpattarugramam” and “Neidalgramam” at Savukkadi in Eravurpattu in Batticaloa district is the 177th and 178th model villages vested in the public under the New Village Reawakening Programme. This village was open to public by Hon. Minister of Housing, Construction & Cultural Affairs Sajith Premadasa on 10.03.2019.
The National Housing Development Authority has given housing loans at low interest to the beneficiaries to construct houses in “Katpattarugramam” and “Neidalgramam” villages consisted of 50 new housing units, and they are also model villages constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme.
In the ceremony of entrusting the “Katpattarugramam” and “Neidalgramam” model villages to the public, following benefits were facilitated to the people
- Housing titles were given to 50 recipient families in “Katpattarugramam” and “Neidalgramam” villages.
- Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.20Mn. were granted to 100 low income families in the area.
- Housing aids worth Rs.201.6Mn. were granted to 278 low income families in the area.
- “Sonduru Piyasa” housing loans amounted Rs.4Mn. were given to 20 beneficiaries.
- Self – employment loans by Regional Development Bank were given to beneficiaries in the area.
- Spectacles were given to individuals with visual impairments in the area.