“Mihidumgama” at Kirigankubura in Ududumbara in Kandy District was the 57th model village vested in the public on 20th of April 2018 under the New Village Reawakening Programme by Hon.Sajith Premadasa, Minister of Housing and Construction.
The construction activities of the “Mihidumgama” village which is comprised of 24 new housing units was initiated on 30th of May 2016. The National Housing Development Authority has given housing loans to beneficiaries at low rate interest to construct houses. This is also a model village constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme.
The extent of the land of “Mihidumgama” village is 3 acres. Each house has a landscape of 20 perches. This village is consisted of clean drinking water, electricity, formally constructed access roads and an internal road system. The total amount spent was Rs.34 Mn.
Following benefits were facilitated to the people by vesting the “Mihidumgama” model village in the public.
- Housing titles were given to 24 recipient families of housing.
- Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.10 Million were granted to 100 low income families in the area.
- “Sonduru Piyasa” housing loans amounted to Rs.10 Mn. were given to 50 beneficiaries
- Occupational tool kits, uniforms and subjects related text books amounted to Rs.2 Mn. were supplied to 50 trainees selected for the construction industry training under the “Shilpa Saviya” Programme and certificates were awarded to individuals who completed the training.
- Spectacles were given to 100 individuals with visual impairments.