“Sadaweera Keppetipolagama” at Habaraththawala, Sooriyawewa in Hambantota district is the 147th model village vested in the public under the New Village Reawakening Programme. This village was open to public by Hon.Sajith Premadasa, Minister of Housing, Construction and Cultural Affairs on 05.01.2019.
The construction activities of “Sadaweera Keppetipolagama” village consisted of 24 new housing units were begun on 11th of December 2016. The National Housing Development Authority has given housing loans at low interest to the beneficiaries to construct houses in this village and it is also a model village constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme.
The total extent of this village is 3.5 acres. Every housing unit in this village has an area of 20 perches in extent. This village has been provided with clean water, electricity, formally constructed access and an internal road system.
In the ceremony of entrusting the “Sadaweera Keppetipolagama” model villages to the public, following benefits were facilitated to the people
- Housing titles were given to 24 recipient families in “Sadaweera Keppetipolagama” village.
- Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.15Million were granted to 150 low income families in the area.
- “Sonduru Piyasa” housing loans amounted Rs.20Mn. were given to 100 beneficiaries.
- Self – employment loans by Regional Development Bank were given to beneficiaries in the area.
- Chairs were given to housing Society of “Sadaweera Keppetipolagama” villege.
- Spectacles were given to individuals with visual impairments in the area.