“Sadisigama” at Saddhatissapura, Lunugamwehera in Hambantota district was the 45th model village was made public under the New Village Reawakening Programme. This was vested in the public on 02nd November 2017 with the pious hands of Hon.Sajith Premadasa, Minister of Housing and Construction.
The construction of the “Sadisigama” village which comprises 32 new houses was initiated on 22nd June 2016. The National Housing Development Authority has given housing loans to beneficiaries at low rate interest to construct houses. This is also a model village constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme.
The extent of the land of “Sadisigama” village is 4 ½ acres. Each house has a landscape of 20 perches. This village is consisted of clean drinking water, electricity, formally constructed access roads and an internal road system. The total amount spent was Rs.17.6 M.
Following benefits were facilitated to the people by vesting the “Sadisigama” model village in the public.
- Housing titles were given to 32 recipient families of housing.
- Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.204.6 Million were granted to 635 low income families in the area.
- 169 youths selected for the construction industry training was given benefits valuable Rs.8.45M.
- Housing recipients of “Sadisigama” village were provided with gas cylinders amounting to Rs. 34,400.00
- Spectacles valued at Rs. 212,800 were given to 266 individuals with visual impairments.
- Chairs cost Rs. 52,000 was distributed to the housing society of the “Sadisigama” village.
- A clinic for people with kidney failures and an indigenous medical clinic were conducted.