“Sangaviru Sobhitha Nahimigama” at Maduluwawa South in Padukka in Colombo district is the 162nd model village vested in the public under the New Village Reawakening Programme. This village was open to public by Hon.Sajith Premadasa, Minister of Housing, Construction and Cultural Affairs on 11.02.2019.
The construction activities of “Sangaviru Sobhitha Nahimigama” village consisted of 18 new housing units were begun on 27th of June 2016. The National Housing Development Authority has given housing loans at low interest to the beneficiaries to construct houses in this village and it is also a model village constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme. xxxx
The total extent of this village is 2 acres. Every housing unit in this village has an area of 8 – 9 perches in extent. This village has been provided with clean water, electricity, formally constructed access and an internal road system.
In the ceremony of entrusting the “Sangaviru Sobhitha Nahimigama” model villages to the public, following benefits were facilitated to the people
- Housing titles were given to 18 recipient families in “Sangaviru Sobhitha Nahimigama” village.
- Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.125Mn. were granted to 1000 low income families in the area.
- “Sonduru Piyasa” housing loans amounted Rs.20Mn. were given to 100 beneficiaries.
- “Viru Sumithuru” housing aids were given to beneficiaries in the area.
- Spectacles were given to individuals with visual impairments in the area.