“Sanhindagramam” at Ambakotewatta in Kundasale in Kandy district is the 172nd model village vested in the public under the New Village Reawakening Programme. This village was open to public by Hon. Minister of Housing, Construction & Cultural Affairs Sajith Premadasa on 01.03.2019.
The National Housing Development Authority has given housing loans at low interest to the beneficiaries to construct houses in “Sanhindagramam” village consisted of 26 new housing units, and it is also a model village constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme.
In the ceremony of entrusting the “Sanhindagramam” model villages to the public, following benefits were facilitated to the people
- Housing titles were given to 26 recipient families in “Sanhindagramam” village.
- Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.32.5Mn. were granted to 175 low income families in the area.
- “Sonduru Piyasa” housing loans amounted Rs.20Mn. were given to 100 beneficiaries.
- Housing aids worth Rs.8.6Mn were given to beneficiaries under the “Viru Sumituru” housing programme.
- Self – employment loans by Regional Development Bank were given to beneficiaries in the area.
- Spectacles were given to individuals with visual impairments in the area.