“Siripenanadagama” at Kendaketiya in Agunakolapelassa in Hambantota district is the 168th model village vested in the public under the New Village Reawakening Programme. This village was open to public by Hon. Minister of Housing, Construction & Cultural Affairs Sajith Premadasa on 23.02.2019.
The construction activities of “Siripenanadagama” village consisted of 28 new housing units were begun on 02nd of June 2018. The National Housing Development Authority has given housing loans at low interest to the beneficiaries to construct houses in this village and it is also a model village constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme.
The total extent of this village is 2 acres. Every housing unit in this village has an area of 10 perches in extent. This village has been provided with clean water, electricity, formally constructed access and an internal road system. The total sum invested in this village was Rs.25.66Million.
In the ceremony of entrusting the “Siripenanadagama” model villages to the public, following benefits were facilitated to the people
- Housing titles were given to 28 recipient families in “Siripenanadagama” village.
- Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.60Mn. were granted to 300 low income families in the area.
- Self – employment loans by Regional Development Bank were given to beneficiaries in the area.
- Spectacles were given to individuals with visual impairments in the area.
- Indigenous medical clinic and kidney disease clinic were conducted.