“Sithuvamkanda” at Artismale in Matale district is the 89th model village vested in the public under the New Village Reawakening Programme. This village was open to public by Hon. Minister of Housing and Construction Sajith Premadasa on 05.07.2018.
The construction activities of “Sithuvamkanda” village consisted of 25 new housing units were begun on 05th of February 2017. The National Housing Development Authority has given housing loans at low interest to the beneficiaries to construct houses in this village and it is also a model village constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme.
The total extent of this village is 400 perches. Every housing unit in this village has an area of 15 perches in extent. This village has been provided with clean water, electricity, formally constructed access and an internal road system.
In the ceremony of entrusting the “Sithuvamkanda” model villages to the public, following benefits were facilitated to the people
• Housing titles were given to 25 recipient families in “Sithuvamkanda” village.
• Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.47.6Mn. were granted to 476 low income families in the area.
• “Sonduru Piyasa” housing loans amounted Rs.30Mn. were given to 150 beneficiaries.
• Occupational tool kits, uniforms and subjects related text books amounted to Rs.7.6Mn. were supplied to 152 trainees selected for the construction industry training under the “Shilpa Saviya” Programme.
• Housing aids worth Rs.7.7Mn were given to 35 kidney affected families in the area.
• Housing aids and loans worth Rs.6.2Mn were granted to 124 beneficiaries in the area.
• Spectacles were given to individuals with visual impairments in the area.