“Siyathlankagama” at Pahala Mattala in Lunugamvehera in Hambantota district is the 180th model village vested in the public under the New Village Reawakening Programme. This village was open to public by Hon. Minister of Housing, Construction & Cultural Affairs Sajith Premadasa on 11.03.2019.
The National Housing Development Authority has given housing loans at low interest to the beneficiaries to construct houses in “Siyathlankagama” village consisted of 70 new housing units, and it is also a model village constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme.
In the ceremony of entrusting the “Siyathlankagama” model villages to the public, following benefits were facilitated to the people
- Housing titles were given to 70 recipient families in “Siyathlankagama” village.
- Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.60Mn. were granted to 300 low income families in the area.
- Occupational tool kits, uniforms and subjects related text books amounted to Rs.3.1Mn. were supplied to 62 trainees selected for the construction industry training under the “Shilpa Saviya” Programme.
- Chairs were given to housing Society of “Siyathlankagama” village.
- Self – employment loans by Regional Development Bank were given to beneficiaries in the area.
- Spectacles were given to individuals with visual impairments in the area.
- Indigenous medical clinic and kidney disease clinic were conducted.